Tuesday, November 22

The "Poet" Writes!

The "Poet" Writes


Hummin': Beautiful Soul by Someone Mcartney


I was walking down the stairs from my Practicum class, psychologically-stressed from all the reminders of things that I still have to do. For one, the requirements for our batch anthology has just grown. Next, the articles for my so-called book, "The Red Dot" are no way near done, and my deadlines are coming by the dozen. Lastly, there are still my other mentally-challenging core subjects such as Philosophy and Theology, which are under "infamous" teachers who have records of failing delinquent students.

(Not that I'm saying I am one, but sometimes I am... Hehehe.)

Then, I saw an old teacher from my Introduction to Creative Writing class last year. I smiled, and said hello.

He said, "Oh, Abi, how are you?"

"Same parin," I said with a sigh, "Rushing to keep up with Thesis deadlines..."

"Ah, so you're graduating?" He asked. I nodded with a weary smile. And he added, "So, which genre did you decide to major in?"

We all know he is a great poet, and we wrote a couple of poems in his class, so I was a little shy in saying, "Non-Fiction..." and quickly added, "Kasi the bulk of my writing's in Non-Fiction eh."

"Ah, I see...but do you still write poems?"

"Ehrm," I paused, "A little. On the side."

"That's good, that's good. Maintain, ha?" He softly encouraged and said, "Kasi you've got some talent on it, so continue..." He trailed with a fatherly smile.

My head went blank and then, it sank in, and with the biggest smile that day, I said, "Okay."

Ahhh, I am so flattered and fluttered right now. Tee-hee-hee!!!

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr