Thursday, February 10

Weight Loss!

Weight Loss!



Hummin': My Place by Nelly


Yes, you've read it right. I have truly lost some weight. In fact, I've lost four--

Teeth.

Hehehehe! I am four teeth lighter as of this hour. I just came home from my friendly dentist, Dr. Gerald Mabasa, who took out four of my wisdom teeth. Two of which had to be surgically removed since they were impacted (that meant they were horizontal, instead of the usual upright position).

I came there after psyching myself for the discomfort ahead, knowing that I would spending at least an hour and a half lying under bright lights. But nothing prepared me for the pain of four 1/2 inch needles required for anaesthesia, anti-inflammatory and bleeding suppresants.

How many?

25.

That's right. 25 painful shots of nasty tasting liquids. About 20 of which I felt hitting my nerves very painfully; 5 of which luckily were given after the anaesthesia kicked in.

I was at the verge of breaking down and crying for Mommy, who was beside me the whole time, holding both of my hands. (I think I squeezed her quite hard during the shots.) But my dentist said he would stop operating if I cried, so I had to hold it all in and pretend to be a brave girl.

It's a good thing he's quite the professional (read: Dental Surgeon), very gentle and comforting. He reassured me over and over again while doing the process. He gave me loads of heads-up, like when he was starting to cut through the gums and other more gory stuff I wouldn't mention anymore, so I wouldn't be shocked. He even gave me a 2-page information sheet a week ago that he himself wrote so I would know what would happen today.

An hour and fifteen minutes later, four of my teeth were gone. So were my fears.

What's good though is that he gave me a pint of strawberry ice cream to take home! I'm supposed to eat it all tonight at 8 pm. And even though I haven't regained the feeling in my lower jaw yet (due to the anaesthesia), you betcha I'm already salivating. LOL!


PS:
Photos of my teeth and my very relieved face after surgery will be posted soon. And you can probably expect a rant-filled post about the post-surgery pain after the anaesthesia wears off that will go along with them.

PPS:
I've reached the 10,000th mark of hits on my blog this week! Hurray to all you bloghoppers out there! Thanks for dropping by my blog. ;)

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr