Sunday, May 29

Eyes of Wonder

Eyes of Wonder




His eyes searched for mine, in deep pursuit of something that could fill the longing inside of him. His gaze intensified; his mouth tightened, as if asking me to break the code and retrieve the message behind his smooth facade.

I looked back, accidentally, momentarily.

I was caught.

My mind floated high up in the clouds, while my heart fought bravely to break free from its cage. Turmoil ruled and chaos erupted, wrecking what little composition I managed to hold onto.

My resistance waned, and I found myself sinking into that blissful mystery. The warmth invited, nay, welcomed me like an old friend that I had known for so long. The ropes that held me, snapped, one after the other...

Wait, a little voice said.

I paused to look around me, wondering what the hell I was planning to do. But I had no answers. I felt weak. I wanted to give in.

But for once, before I was completely lost, Reality drew me back.



...And I looked away.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr