Sunday, August 10

Stir not my heart...

UNTITLED
Suggestions for a title would be VERY much appreciated.

Stir not my heart, do not let flatter
Deceive you with what sweet lips can utter
From such clever attempts you must flee
For once you’re caught, you stop to see-
The madness that will fill your head
The slow torture that remains unsaid.

It would be wise to be on guard
Rather than keep foolish disregard
For the cunning will pursue the prey
And then all reason will go astray
So heed my advice, keep my words in hand
Someday I know you will understand…

I may sound bitter, callous from the pain…
But you see it’s because I have loved, but lost once again.


Aha... another stroke of genius! (Kapal eh noh?) Whahahaha!

For other poems, visit my poetry blog.

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr