Thursday, September 23

The Battle of Bull Run...

The Battle of Bull Run Always Makes Me Cry



Hummin': Temporary Madness by Jodie Wilson


Yes, that long title is the name of the play I'm directing. As you can see from my previous posts, I can't help thinking or talking about this play, but bear with me for a week more and then I'll probably be back to my normal (GASP.) self.

This play is about a 24-year-old Donna who meets up with her two girlfriends, Linda and Amy in a cafe to "report" about her date with Patrick, a cute guy, just an hour before. As she narrates what happens, the date itself is simultaneously shown in the opposite side of the stage, and she goes in and out of the date scene while Patrick acts as though nothing wrong is happening. (Astig diba?)

The people I've casted to act in this play are all my friends who I'm very grateful to, for putting up with all the rehearsals. THIS PLAY IS THE BOMB! The dialogues are really funny and witty. They're the kind that you'd hear in movies like Legally Blonde or any romantic comedy. Plus, I've witnessed my talented friends pull it off, so surely they will fill the theatre with laughter and "awwws" on Monday.

*KILIG*


And yes, there is a LIVE kissing scene between Donna and Patrick.

*DOUBLE KILIG*


After our last rehearsal just hours ago and all the arrangements I've done to complete the props for the set design, I do believe that we're ready for a talent showcase on Monday. Among all that I've done, I think this will be the best one yet. Wish me lotsa luck!

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr