Friday, November 26

Hermit? Ermitanyo?

Hermit? Ermitanyo?



Silence.


I wonder why sometimes I find myself wanting to detach from this reality, from this world. I get this urge to close off all means of direct communication (e.g. cellphone, landline, instant messenger and the likes.) and spend the day without having a decent conversation with anyone.

I stare into space for hours, sometimes sitting in front of the screen, sometimes while lying on the bed--my thoughts swirling in an uncomprehensible dance of colors, each one emitting sparks as it hits another. It is during these times that I am able to find the inspiration to write, to create an extension of myself.

I play no music, not one that comes from the radio, the component or the computer. There wouldn't be drums, guitars or pianos to distract me from my short, precious time of solitude. It is during this time that I am able to fully appreciate the little sounds of everyday, fading as I zone out.

I hear the music of silence--soothing, reliable, tranquil.

There are times when I'd wish I wasn't living in such a busy, polluted city, but then, remembering all the malls I wouldn't be able to shop in changes my mind in an instant.

It's just sad that peace is one of the accessible comforts I have to give up.



0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr