Tuesday, April 18

Still In There

According to people who knew me the most, or thought they knew me the most, I was lazy. Often, I was even referred to as a useless, expensively-maintained tub of lard. Then, my image changed when I lost all that huge baggage, literally. Hard work, discipline and determination were suddenly used as adjectives beside my name, and people saw me in a new light.

Not that I'm complaining. After all, I think recognition for my efforts was long overdue, and I was so tired of being perceived to be good-for-nothing.

This week marked my first month on the job. I'm glad to report that I am actually still in the running, despite all the mishaps and disappointments!

Maybe it's because of my two, uber hardworking, amusing, wicked, recently-resigned PR & Marketing bosses, or the pressure of having to live up to my family and friends' expectations; but surprisingly enough, when I had the time to sit down and reflect on the month that whizzed by, I realized just how diligent, active and determined I had been.

Even I must admit that I passed my own expectations. I performed well, much better than I anticipated. And as each week passed by, I learned more about myself, both strengths and weaknesses I didn't know I possessed. I am proud of the changes I had undergone in order to be more flexible and versatile, but I am only in the beginning.

All will be put to the real test when the new system kicks in. I will have to start back from the bottom and work my way up to adjust to the new superiors and altered hierarchy in the office. I am taking on the challenge, one day and night at a time, striving to be a person I myself would admire.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr