Saturday, January 17

Theology's a TURN-OFF

Just one question: IS THEOLOGY SUPPOSED TO BE A TURN-OFF?

I, for one, thought Theo was going to be a "likeable" subject above all else. After all, if you're taught Catholic doctrines, then it's supposed to make you feel better and more secured, right? You're supposed to be enlightened in order to straighten out your principles and sort out your life priorities. You're taught how to be a better person, to live life in the likeness of the perfect "man," Jesus Christ. That's all good.

But what if, your teacher isn't actually what would fit into the nice, goody-two-shoes, kind Theo teacher you were expecting him/her to be and instead, you got the TOTAL opposite? WHAT THEN?

Then, you end up like me, miserable and bitter. I've been going to these Theo classes, just coz my self-righteous teacher takes attendance each time. (Grrr.) And each time I come out of the class, not only do I NOT understand most of what she teaches, I find myself more and more confused, not on where I stand, but begoggled on the *toot* that she's talking about.

To add to that, I find myself, learning to HATE her more and more each time. (Believe me, if you had an egocentric teacher like mine, you'd find it easy to do too.I sometimes even wonder how she could walk around straight with all that weight on her shoulders...

So far, I've managed to fail all quizzes and a particularly difficult long exam, which hasn't been returned yet, but I have this extra strong gut feeling that I failed it too. *sigh*

Why do I always get the UNLIKEABLE teachers?

I tried, believe me, I tried...but I still end up hating their guts. Argh. I know, you don't have the answer to that either. I never did get an answer anyhow. Maybe it's one of fate's little CORNY jokes. Yeah, and nothing's funny about it.

Theology Schmoology. I think I'm bound to fail.
 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr