Friday, August 6

Afternoon Chikahan

Afternoon Chikahan



Hummin': Stuck by Stacie Orrico


*Ice and I had another one on one girl talks yesterday, the kind that makes you want to spend the whole day just sitting and talking. It was soothing, relaxing after another day of battling wits with professors and tests.

(An excerpt from memory. Will not be the exact conversation, but it would be close enough.)

"Hay nako. Ayoko na...hanapan mo na'ko ng iba!" she said with much passion after her anecdotes about someone.

"Wag na. It would just be a waste of time and effort," was my reply. "Sinasabi mo lang naman 'yan eh."

"Haha! You know me so well." She was impressed.

"Yeah, I know you that well. Bakit nanaman ba?" I asked, preparing myself for another barrage of complaints. (Women do that a lot.)

"Hindi ko alam... Naiinis ako sa kanya! Ayoko maging ganito, puro siya na lang iniisip ko."

"Sus...gumagawa ka nanaman ng sarili mong problema! Ano ka ba? Tinataboy mo tapos hinahanap mo. Tsk tsk tsk." The Doctor Love side of mine was slowly reappearing.

"Ehh...Nami-miss ko siya. Hindi ako sanay na hindi ko siya nakakausap. Ginayuma akooo!" came her whine.

"Pwede ba? Ako, ako ang ginayuma. Ikaw, nalilito ka. Hindi mo alam kung meron kayong patutunguhan, pero alam mong may something. Diba? Kahit pakiramdaman?" I ask, and she nods.

"Eh ako?" I continued, "I'm hoping, hanging onto something, someone, I'm not even officially friends with. Imagine me telling someone about him and then that person asks, how do you know him so well? What would I say? Uhmm, through second and third-hand information!? Now, who's more pathetic?" The self-pity was rubbing off on me. "I'm hanging onto nothing..."

"Hehe...onga noh. Anu bang meron kasi siya?" she asks. The topic has been shifted to me.

"Ewan ko. Binunutan 'ata ako ng buhok eh tapos pinakulam ako." I was trying to lighten the mood, but really, it's obviously darkening. "Ang tagal na nito. Hindi na nakakatawa. Ako yata ang dapat mong hanapan ng bago."

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr