Monday, June 27

Interview with Transcience

Interview with Transcience



Hummin': In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride


(Excerpt from Trans' entry.)

It all starts with a game of sorts that hoodwinks the reader into thinking that the following piece is an official interview. i asked to be interviewed by [transcience] (who asked to be interviewed by this boy, who asked to be interviewed by this girl and the cycle goes on and on and that is about as far as i will go). anyway, i am answering his five questions because as i learned, you should not bite the hand that feeds you.

This interview will now begin. It is quite long, and it's all about ME. You've been warned.

1. you are allergic to math. i am known to be allergic to too much chicken and stale air (so much so that i get the hives and have difficulty breathing). would you rather keep your psychological allergy or swap it with mine? this means that you will love math and excel at it but get rushed to the hospital everytime you eat chicken. to make things worse, you absolutely have to have chicken at least twice a week.

I'd keep my own allergy, thank you. After all, I did manage to pull through from all those horrible, horrible Math classes and *yawn* professors, even if they did cause me so much stress. Now that I'm finally a Senior in college, I celebrate the thought that I never actually have to study complicated Math EVER AGAIN! Did you read that? N-E-V-E-R! Just the thought of it makes me giddy! Heeheehee!

2. you have been through a lot of online journals! what is it that drives you to maintain a number of these instead of only one?

Err, I actually write in only two of these journals. One of those in my list is a retired community blog, two of them are layouts that I did for free and offer to anyone who wants to use them. This one is my main blog, and once in a while, I also update my poetry blog: http://toinks.diaryland.com. I use my poetry blog as a storage area for my beloved poems, just in case my computer's hard drive conks out...AGAIN.

Years ago, I loved writing in notebook diaries. But I soon realized that I couldn't fill those entries accurately, because I lose interest very quickly. Unfortunately, my right hand couldn't keep up with my thoughts. I couldn't just scribble my thoughts in, because I treated my diaries as "sacred" in a way, so I had to write very neatly and then complain about having callouses on my fingers. Then, blogging came into existence and saved me! The rest, as they say, is history.

3. how has losing weight affected your perception of the world?

It has changed in terms of seeing just how determination and self-control can actually push you to that finish line. Despite my scary obesity, I actually never tried dieting in my whole life before. I used to fear that going on a diet and constantly thinking about losing weight would pull my confidence down and make my insecurities multiply. I never wanted to feel like I was inadequate, and so it was only through my doctor's threat and watching Oprah that I actually decided on changing my life.

I know I'm still a long way from my realistically ideal goal, but I'm working on it. I hope that making this life makeover will actually change other people's perceptions, because I know some judgmental adults actually whisper behind my back that my being fat is because I'm lazy and "incapable."

When in fact, I obsessed about food because I used it as a security blanket, comforting me when I'm depressed and cheering me on when I'm happy. I hope that through my own ordeal, I can also inspire even just a few people on also taking care of themselves and avoiding the Big C, Diabetes and similar diseases.

4. PROCRASTINATION is your middle name. what are your first and last names?

My first name is CRAMMING and my last name is UNDERSTANDING. I'm very reasonable, so it's rather difficult to cross over to my bad side. This is why if you're actually on my ABHOR list, you're probably a very dislikable person.

5. you are sort of turned off by bad spellers. what is one word you think that everyone should know how to spell? discuss.

I've been thinking about this question overnight, and I guess, everyone should know how to spell their own names. I mean, how could you sign documents and apply for ID's if you can't even spell your own name right? This is why I think that people in the registry should very well know how to spell or, just TYPE right because there are so many typographical errors in people's birth certificates! Even my Dad's name in his birth certificate is spelled wrong!!!

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr