Saturday, June 25

Subconscious Hints

What is the subconscious trying to say?




I've recently noticed that my sleeping hours are getting longer. Not that I have all the time in the world, but rather that my body seems to choose oblivion rather than reality. But even snoozing longer hasn't been giving me much needed rest. That's because I'm being plagued by the weirdest dreams lately...

Just a few nights before, I dreamt of being chased by three bears. I ran ahead and urged my family to run faster. We all ran for our lives, our breaths shortening as we climbed the hill. But before I could even reach the top, I heard a scream and saw the bear get one of us. I didn't know who it was or how it happened. I suddenly just woke up wishing I NEVER, ever get to meet a big, black bear in the wild.

Last night's dream is even more unpredictable. I dreamed of Jason trying to butcher me with that huge knife--in our own house! It felt so real that my heartbeats tripled, like I was competing in a do-or-die sprint! AAAHHH!!! It was freaky... I can't get the image of Jason out of my mind!

(Talk about getting trapped in your own head.)

Ah, well...I just might have to leave the light on for tonight.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr