Saturday, August 20

Tackling The Thesis

Tackling The Thesis

Hummin': Naughty Girl by Beyonce


I've been quite busy these past weeks. Aside from the usual load of schoolwork that I often cram, I had a lot of other things to do. One, we are fundraising for our thesis projects through selling baked goods, that includes cookies, brownies and cakes.

(And yes, if you're in or near the Ateneo, please contact me 0917-8995241 and BUY! Hahaha!)

Also, I've met with my adviser, the beautiful, nice and smart, Karla Delgado. We're going to try and concretize what topics I should probably include in my book. You read it right, I'm going to try and publish my non-fiction essays in a book!

The topics would probably range under the oddities of Filipino-Chinese and other interesting stuff. The style would be a light narrative with a bit of humor infused, similar to the tone of writing I do here in my blog. It will be entitled, The Red Dot, showing the dot that is placed on siopaos to indicate a special flavor.

Now, I really need your help.

1. BUY OUR FOODSTUFF! I promise they will be very satisfying!
2. What questions do you usually have regarding Filipino-Chinese traditions? (Anything odd or curious will do.) For example, the exclusivity of Chinese dating Chinese. Or, why most Chinese people own buy-and-sell businesses?
3. What do you think of the title, Red Dot?

Thank you in advance. (Flying kisses.)

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr