Saturday, March 4

Job Pursuit Concluded

Job Pursuit Concluded

This is for all of you out there who is curious about what happened to my job pursuit.

I had to reschedule my appointment twice, but finally our "free time" matched and I was able to talk to the HR director last Thursday about the job offer. We chatted about me, why I use my second name, my family, my strengths and weaknesses, my personality, my stress levels and the likes. He laughed a lot and so did I, with poise of course. (Insert real laugh here--Hahaha!)

He gave me a number and asked if I agree. I said yes because I really felt so little at that time. (How do you negotiate for a salary?) Anyway, at the end of that talk, he told me, "They like you ah...they like you very much." He was pertaining to the other people who interviewed me.

He gave me a LOOONG list of requirements, medical check-up, SSS, NBI clearance, PNP clearance, Mayor's Permit...etc etc etc. My friends say the company usually does this for employees. Do they?

At the end of that talk, we shook hands and he asked to see me when I'm done with my "homework" to sign the contract and stuff. That afternoon also, I had the last of my final examinations and surprisingly did it well, flawlessly to be honest.

Gosh, I will never have to take another college test agaiiiin! Whoopeeee!!!

-----

Questions for the workforce though.

1. What are the benefits I should probably have or would be better having?
2. What would be considered as a great work package?
3. What is the usual amount of wages for a fresh graduate? I will be doing a LOT, and I mean A LOT of work with this PR job.
4. What other questions should I ask the HR director before I sign on anything?

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr