Wednesday, March 29

Overworked

Overworked




I'm getting used to being part of the workforce.

The downpour of work from this job was expected, but the brunt of it all still threatened to knock me out. Loads of papers to file and chronologize took all my first two days at work, fortunately interjected by a bit of creative work. Needless to say, despite the perks of my job and how easily it came to me, I had a lot of negative thoughts during my first few days.

Well, because the pressure was sooo darn thick I could hardly rise above it. Also, my bosses were both admirably workaholics who don't notice the passing of time nor the growling of stomachs for lunch, so I felt really bad when I had to ask permission to go home during those first days, while they were still sweating it out in the office. I didn't feel like eating either because I felt piggish having lunch while my superiors slaved away in the office.

On top of that, while they were all used to doing work, I felt stupid for not understanding instructions completely as I blindly coped my way through the company systems. I was just disappointed at myself and embarassed to ask for help or for a repetition of what I needed to do. It was pride that kept me from being as productive as I could have possibly can.

Pessimism ruled those nights that I came home from work, headache-y and grumpy. But with much positive advice and support from my family, I tried not to be influenced by all the adjustments I struggled to go through. As advised, I fought my way against the usual flow of my thoughts and really focused on the tasks at thand. They were absolutely right! Now, I'm standing here, officially two weeks working, and loving it!

Whoohoo!!!

PS: Although unfortunately, a recent happening in the office will leave me an orphan in the next two weeks with my two bosses' resignation. I wonder what will happen next..?

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr