Saturday, March 13

CEW


Creative Writing
Feelin': Hm...happy, I guess.
Hummin': Maybe by King

I was scheduled for my CEW (Career Exploration Workshop) today, which took about 3 hours of my very short weekend. Anyways, it is a prerequisite for shiftees and as you might know, I'm DITCHING Legal Management. For what, you ask? See title for answer.

Yes, you can pick your jaws and eyeballs from the floor now. (Remember to wash them before placing them back into the sockets, ayt?)

We (me and other shiftees) were asked by the guidance counselor, Miss Icel (cool name, huh?) to do a lot of written exercises just to determine what we want in life and how we plan to attain them. For one, we were asked to draw ourselves and our dream jobs. I couldn't think of anything but a big office with a very purty computer at my right side. I want to work in an advertising company and do freelance writing on the side as well. Hopefully, some sort of magazine or journals takes me into employment though. I could prolly enjoy just writing for a living, but then again, it wouldn't be practical.

YES, though I already look well-stuffed, I do need to eat.

After that, I think we were answer a reflection of our drawings and then, discussed it in the group. Then, we headed onto reality. From our dream jobs, we were asked to do a reality check of whether or not we possessed the skills to make them possible. (You answer that for me.)

Afterwards, we were given a "Bliss Grid." It was a sheet of paper containing four boxes. One box is for "thing you enjoy doing." The second one is "things you'd like to do if you have the money, time and resources." One of the shiftees answered wisely to this with a, "If you have time, money and resources, you can just do NOTHING." I eagerly nodded my head. LOL! The third one is for "things you're good at but take forgranted." The last one is "things you aren't good at and don't enjoy doing." Okay, I sorta paraphrased those coz I don't have a copy.

Guess what I wrote in the fourth box. MATHEMATICS. Hehehehe. No surprise there.

At the end of the CEW, I thought to myself, "Maybe I'm actually doing the right thing." Thinking, reflecting and taking a lot of things into consideration, I guess I'll prolly be happy with this more than anything. I mean, I can actually DO this and DO good and feel good about myself! What a package, huh? So there. I've made up my mind and I AM GOING TO BE A CREATIVE WRITER. Hehehe.

I'm done. Just sharing my life story here. Wish me lotsa luck. With prior experiences, I would be needing it.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr