Friday, March 19

Lookin' for Love

Lookin' for Love



Hummin': Let me love you by Jed Maddela


I've had about three people come and talk to me these past couple of days all about one subject: LOVELIFE. It seem that each of these 3 girlfriends are all looking for love, specifically in a form of a gorgeous hunk who would sacrifice everything for them in a blink of an eye. Being (sorta) reknowned for being "Doctor Love" they ask me, how would they get guys to notice them? And I say, "Just notice you?" To which they follow, "Notice me enough to court me."

These people, like a whole lot out there I'm sure, are all looking for love. They want to have someone on Valentine's Day. They want someone to cuddle with when the weather's bad, or just a little chilly. They want to receive text messages asking about their whereabouts almost every minute of the day. They want the butterflies in the stomach, the shivers in the spine, the thousand-mile-per-minute heartbeats and the kisses on the forehead (and who knows where else.)

But there's no problem with that. I have no problem with that. But they all insist that the problem is me not looking for love.

One of them asked me, "Have you ever wanted to have a boyfriend?" I respond with a shake of the head, sideways that is. She adds with a disbelieving tone, "Never?"

To which I now ask myself.

I mean, sure, I've thought about having a boyfriend. I admit, I've thought about it a few times, especially during Valentine's, walks in the beach, visiting Baguio and in between watching and reading romantic fluff. (Boy, movies do have a way of making you feel "alone") But if you mean, WANTED, like how other girls are "looking" for boyfriends, I have to answer, "No, I've never really wanted a boyfriend."

Does that make me abnormal?

For me, love will come. I mean, there's got to be someone out there just waiting to be met. But hey, as long as that certain time comes, I won't go trekking on the search for Mr. Right. Maybe there isn't even a Mr. Right but rather a Mr. I-am-just-human-but-I-can-try who can become Mr. Right in my life. Does that make sense?

Maybe it's idealistic. Maybe to some broken hearts it's an absurd principle. But I think Love is something that will come in time. Who knows when the person you're destined for is already in front of you and you in front of him, but somehow, the spark has not yet ignited? Or possibly, you and him are both in a certain sphere but you just haven't gotten the chance to discover each other yet. Then again, the One for you might be on the other side of the world just waiting for the right time.

No one knows for sure.

As long as love remains abstract, sneaky, elusive and unexpected, I guess I will stick to my waiting. Maybe then when I find him, I can say, "I've been waiting for you."




Fluff.

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr