Thursday, June 10

Boldly Going Nowhere


Nowhere... Posted by Hello


Sitting here on a late afternoon, feeling a little tired and numb, my mind wanders as I struggle to think of something to write about. Creativity that used to rush like irrepressible torrents now have to be sought out whenever I am badly in need. Even thinking has almost become a task.

I wonder...

While I sit on my fat ass, doing nothing and burning less calories than when I'm actually off to Wonderland, snoring, what am I missing? For surely, the fast-paced world moves on, despite my insistence to stay rooted at this place.

Sometimes, I try to comfort myself with the thought that I will do great things when the opportunity comes. Just give me a chance and I'll prove my worth. An empty promise, a huge bluff even I am not sure I can fulfill. I tell myself I won't be a failure. I remind myself of the dreams I have always had. I foresee a bright future ahead of me. And yet all I ever do is PROCRASTINATE.

Later. Tomorrow. Tsaka na. Next time na.

I dream BIG, yes, that I do well. But when all a person ever do is dream, where will he go? While he dreams, reality whisks the others in its fast and chaotic mixture and given time, some of the more fortunate ones will be able to rise above and reach their goals.

But what will happen to a mere dreamer such as I??


Though it's a tough pill to swallow, I have to admit that at this point in time, I am boldly going nowhere.


0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr