Tuesday, June 15

"DiReK"

"DiReK"


Hummin': Anak by Gary Valenciano


Yesterday, I went to my Directing Class, a Fine Arts elective that I excitedly chose for this semester. We have the coolest teacher, Yan Yuzon, (who prefers to be called, Yan, Yani or whatever derivative, just not "Sir") who was also a student of the Ateneo but now works with a band and as a stage director.

I think he's with The Mongols. He let it slip that they're in the Myx Top 10 right now...Gotta watch out. Hehehe. I'm not really up to date lately.

Anyways, as it is exciting for me to be doing this, I have my reservations. First of all, I really don't have much of the gutsiness or bossiness to direct people around, especially not with acting. The reason is that I'm not really confident I have the expertise in order to rise superior above other people. I mean, I've had some theatrical and minor directing experience, but I usually just lurk in the shadows writing the script. Now, doing that is more of my thing. *wink*

Well, I see this class as a challenge...I just hope I get over the hurdle.

Oh, and calling any one of my classmates, Yanny or myself as "direk" is a major no-no in the class. LOL!

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr