Thursday, April 22

Loving and Losing


Loving and Losing



Feelin': Pooped
Hummin': Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me by Elton John


Is it ever worth the pain to love and then lose a bigger part of you?

Some would say yes, mostly those who have happy, though sometimes short-lived, moments they can keep. But some would disagree, those who offer their hearts and yet get refused because of different circumstances that hinder their paths. Some were just not ready, others wanted to preserve a friendship, while many just didn't feel the same way.

Maybe I'll never figure it out until I actually go through the experience, for as many as I ask, everyone has his and her own story to tell. In time, there will be a deeper understanding of relationships and their preservation. But so long as I remain a mortal, I will never fully comprehend.

Here's a poem that was inspired by movies and stories of friends alike...

~ *** ~

Remember the happiness we shared
On that short week on the beach?
My broken heart needed repair
And your heart was meant to teach.

I remember the clairvoyant seas
And the mist that cleansed the air.
Unfathomed were the mysteries
That dwelt in your wistful stare.

For seven days I forgot my ache
As each day passed in bliss
But to ask would be risk to take
For a sweet, momentous kiss.

I had learned to read the signs
To follow what I must do.
But in destiny’s tangled design
I was not meant for you.

On that final night I spoke my part
As we stood on the sandy beach.
I asked you to repair my heart
But you were only meant to teach.


=... Poetic Musings ...=

~ *** ~


Yowch. I think I've been empathizing too much.

(My only request would be to help me find a much better title. Just suggest anything that comes to mind.)

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr