Friday, April 30

Universal Conspiracy


Universal Conspiracy



Feelin': Confuzzled
Hummin': The Way You Look At Me by Christian Bautista


Why is it that when I'm finally enjoying school and having a blast, the unseen forces in the universe come together to conspire against me? Seriously, it's like Fate is trying to destroy my perfectly good summer education.

CASE # 1

I didn't get a wink of sleep on Sunday because I helped my Mom rush out a portfolio she would need on early Monday morning before flying off to the United States for a Balloon Arts Convention. I was seriously deliberating whether I should risk a cut because I could hardly stand up at 7 in the morning. But I decided that an hour and a half more wouldn't hurt me much because though I was weary, I was pretty much awake already.

So there I go, took a bath, almost slept while using the john, and then slowly dragged my way to the gate. Just when I was about to leave, I got a call from my parents in the airport. Apparently, bringing 4 of their passports with visa was not enough. They had to bring all, meaning even the old one in 19-for-gotten. Since no one was available, I had to cut classes and zoom off to the airport which was about an hour away. That was ONE STAIN on my perfect attendance.

CASE # 2

Wednesday night, before drifting off to oblivion, I made sure I had set my cellphone alarm to 7:00 AM so I could have enough time to prepare for school and arrive a little earlier than the set time. The next morning, after a rugged knocking at my door, I woke up like a drugged addict and expected to see the clock hands pointing to 12 and 6.

As if dousing me with icy cold water, my eyes suddenly blinked to see clearly that the reading on the clock was correct! It was 9:30 already! OH MY GOD! I quickly scrambled for my cellphone but couldn't find it. A look behind the headboard and I realized what had been the cause of this tardiness.

My cellphone lay in pieces on the cold, HARD, marble floor. Yes, another cellphone housing is in need. What happened was a dwarf snuck in my room while I was snoring, err, sleeping and kicked my phone off the bed causing it to fall hard and turn off. Sheesh. And since it was already 9:30 when I woke up, even if I rushed to school, I'd arrive just in time for the dismissal bell to ring.

What luck.

See what I mean, by universal forces joining together to keep me from going to school?!? It's a conspiracy!!!

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr