Saturday, April 10

Maundy Thursday


Maundy Thursday



Feelin': Sleepy (At 2:30 am, who wouldn't?)
Hummin': The Way by Clay Aiken


I seriously thought that yesterday would be a bore. Sure, we were in a resort, but the company wasn't familiar territory and I was thinking, I'd better bring some books to read just in case I would need to entertain myself before I get bored to death. But hey, this was not the case. I actually had fun!

Well, let me explain the pre-notion of boredom, starting from the day before yesterday. The three of us (Eunice, Bry and I) watched Peter Pan, which Eunice thought was going to be like a dose of sleeping pills, but was actually a very good movie. I, for one, enjoyed it very much. I'm a sucker for kiddie, giggly, fantasy stuff. *hides under a rock*

...Then, she received a text message informing us that the group, which Eunice belonged to for The Purpose Driven Life Campaign, were going to Island Cove early the next day. Plus, the message stated that we would have to fetch each of them from their own houses at that untimely hour of 7 in the morning (especially since we received the message at 11 PM and they didn't even ask us if we were willing to lend our car). When Eunice tapped me to show me the message, my reaction was silent--a raise of a single eyebrow and a frown. That actually ought to send the culprit scampering, but since she wasn't there...

Eunice thought, well, if we're doing this in order to keep the group bonded and stuff, we might as well humor them for awhile. She was very persistently convincing me to go with them all, rubbing in the fact that I'd be home alone and all that. Finally, I agreed...with the condition that we fetch them in just one place. (Ano kami, shuttle service!?!) So you could finally understand why I was slightly pissed at a certain somebody who planned everything and put words in our mouths.

Yesterday came and we headed off to Island Cove. I was 97% sure that I would finish the book I brought by sundown, but people started taking out board games and stuff and asked me to join. Since they were really nice and friendly, I obliged. Maybe getting to know them wouldn't be that bad...was inside my head. I was right. By the third game, I was pretty much laughing 'til my sides hurt. I, being the ever so talkative one, was riding along to the jokes too!

We also went bowling and MIRACULOUSLY, I won a game with a score of 95! Yay! Hehehe! It's not that high but considering how lousy I play, that is almost a miracle! LOL! After that celebrated victory, we all headed to the pool and everyone jumped in...except me and my sister who refused to show "fats" in broad daylight. I was like, "Yeah right. If you have so much fats, what about me?" So we bonded instead...and mightily bonded we became.

When we came back to the poolside hut after a short stroll, we found Krystle, my sis' bestfriend, standing there looking at a small pocket mirror. I was thinking with a chuckle, Silly girl, she still cares how her face looked like after swimming? Then she came to us and said, "Uy, nabali ipin ko!" (My tooth broke!) We responded with a large HOW?!? To which she replied..."I dived...in a four-feet deep pool." I let out an uncontrolled chuckle, which is a guffaw in disguise. (Bad Abi!) Well, it wasn't as bad as we thought. She only chipped the lower-fourth of one of her two front teeth and people were saying, "That's okay, now you don't have to worry about those bunny teeth you keep complaining about!" In the end, we were all just laughing about it. I comforted her by saying my own bestfriend had experienced that tooth-breaking encounter, but instead of diving wronly, she was stepped on the head while swimming in a crowded pool and even managed to find the chipped part of the tooth. (Gooo Tabsy!)

Krystle even said, "I'm so stupid. I knew it was only four feet deep but I still dove in. I'm so dumb. Maybe it was a sign that I should've listened to my mom and stayed at home. If I have a child, I wouldn't let her go to outings like this. She might end up just like me!" To which I answered, "Nah, allow her to go out with friends. Just remind her not to dive in a pool that's only FOUR FEET!" Hwehwehwehwe!!!

We arrived in Manila at about 11 in the evening and had to bring everyone home. When we finally reached our own house, we were beat and headed straight to bed. A half hour later, after a quick shower and the female necessities, I felty my eyes drooping by themselves.

As I was about to drift off to sleep, it was only then I realized as I took my cellphone out of my bag that I hadn't read one word from my book that day.

ZZZZZZZ.....


 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr