Monday, May 17

BAD DAY


BAD DAY



Feelin': Depressed
Hummin':


Warning: This is very long and depressing. If you're on the brink of getting depressed yourself, I would advise you not to read. Gloom can be quite contagious.

Remember that Rubber Band Theory that I discussed some entries back? Well, it just happened again. I would want to shower this entry with profanity just to rid myself of all the resentment boiling inside of me, but of course, I can’t.

What a life, huh?

Yesterday was a good day, actually a good night since I was barraged all morning with a sermon that would’ve deflated the largest ego around. I was cursed, lambasted, insulted from the smallest toe to the tips of my hair. Thank God for a large fraction of self-control and a huge reservoir for pain. It would’ve been totally breaking for others, but I, above everyone else, was used to it.

I have verbally been shredded with the vilest words that could destroy any character that I hardly have any tears left to shred. I’m used to the hurt that drove like a jagged knife tearing my soul apart.

And sometimes, she wonders why some of us have actually developed inferiority complex?

Enough with the drama.

After enduring the one-way screamfest, we finally arrived in Megamall. Thank God for distractions. Then, we shared a peaceful dinner, after which we decided to cap Sunday with a movie, Troy. Brad Pitt, Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom are reasons enough to watch. Hehe. But, there’s even more than just the superb actors. Simply put, the story was well-studied and scrupulously written and there was not a moment wasted in its whole length. Ika nga, sulit ang bayad.

Salvation had come in a large infrastracture called Megamall and it was successful for making everyone forget problems, at least for that night. So I thought the challenge was over, especially after receiving a 90/100 in my History midterms this morning. Tomorrow wasn’t looking so bleak anymore.

Then the rubber band snapped.

It started raining after that History class and with no umbrella, I decided to brave the rain and go to the tricycle terminal. Only half-wet, I was able to get one to which I slipped (yes, I SLIPPED) into because of the silver, shining metal material. Then, I paid and thanked the elderly driver who dropped me off KFC. A mere three minutes later, I was able to flag down a taxi whose driver was fortunately not one of those mean, money-faced bloodsuckers.

I always prepare cab fare ahead of time so I slipped my hand inside my schoolbag to get my wallet. Fishing around the large bad, I had to stuck my face inside but I still couldn’t find it. I started taking things out of my bag only to realize that my wallet was indeed missing.

I requested for the driver to turn the cab around and we circled around the are several times but I couldn’t find the tricycle I rode in. With the numerous tricycles in the Katipunan area, belonging to different organizations, I don’t know if I ever will. Or even if I do find the tricycle, I doubt if I could still get my wallet back—with contents intact.

Fat Chance.

Unlikely.

Frustrating.



Why me?!



Note: FYI, the author had lost countless wallets over the years. Some were stolen, others just lost and each time, it hurt just as badly. So you could somehow picture the impact of another hard blow from Fate by taking her wallet just when she’s saved a hefty sum of money in it.

Back to begging for money again. Sheesh.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr