Monday, July 19

Family Perks

Family Perks



Hummin': This I Swear By Nick Lachey


I had one of the best Ladies Nights ever last night. (Ladies Night is an exclusive night wherein only the 3 girls in our family spend much-enjoyed quality time.) We spent about 3 hours of just idle beautification. Mom made me feel like a queen. Hehehe. But the thing I loved the most was just soaking our feet in a warm footbath and then coating them with Petroleum Jelly before covering them with cling wrap.

Ahhh, this is the life.

But what's even more fun is the bonding we shared, reminscing over our younger days. Days where my sister and I would try to kill each other for a piece of candy or who sits in the middle of the car. Days where Mom would order us to take an afternoon nap and my sis and I would muss our hair and with half-lidded eyes lie our way out of it by saying we had taken the nap already. (Sneaky, sneaky)

My mom related to us stories we couldn't even remember. She told us of how sly I was and how I always tricked my older sister into doing things for me. (oops) And she told us of how my sister MUST always look good everytime we go out even as a mere toddler; (well, that didn't change) while I was happy in my old shirt, pajamas and unmatched slippers just as long as I could come along.

Time flies by so fast...and I didn't realize how our relationships changed for the better over the years.

It's fun to just spend time with family members, especially when everyone's in an oddly happy mood. Looking back to the past, we were all reminded of the love that held our family steadfast and strong despite all the disasters we've encountered, collided and sometimes, looked for. It must be something in our blood that connects us to each other that no matter what mistakes we commit, we'd still be able to forgive each other and get right back on track.

As they say, when you think you have no one else, you have family.

Though sometimes I tend to complain about how we'd get on each other's nerves, I think of the past nineteen years of my life and I smile. Because despite our family being obviously dysfunctional, I'm proud to say that in some good days, I think we get pretty close to PERFECT.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr