Thursday, July 8

I'm Screwed.

I'm Screwed.



Hummin': Ho-hum


I'm getting stressed. Really.

I haven't felt the full impact of the semester yet, but already, I feel like I'm old and brittle, easy to break. Ask Chika, she's been with me in my Theo class and she saw how my teacher apparently had taken a liking at calling my name for recitation in every class. It's odd really, how sometimes I create a negative impression and my teacher automatically dislikes me (*cough* MALLY *cough*). So for a change, I thought well, why not create a good impression to carry me through the semester?

See where it got me?!

I must've seemed like a nice, attentive miss smarty-pants to my Theo teacher. Hence, the regular attention. I must tell you, I don't like it one bit. If only you knew how I stare back, idiotic, clueless and embarassed, to most of the questions he asks me, you will understand.

Then, there's my biggest problem as of the moment. I have mentioned my directing class, the one where I'm supposed to direct a monologue, a scene study and then, for finals, a one-act play. The thing is, the monologue is on Monday. Yes, this Monday...and the actor I have gotten, is sort of cramming his lines.

I really don't want to push him because I know he's already doing a huge favor for me. And I trust his ability (he's a very good actor) to deliver the monologue, but the memorization part, I'm afraid with the minimal time he has left, he might not be able to cram it all in. I'm afraid, yes, I really am.

For the rest of the workload hanging on my back, I'd rather say they're still manageable (yeah, that's like the understatement of the year), because really, this school knows how to "deal" with the students to keep us on our toes. And if you don't, well, by the end of this year, hundreds will again bid farewell.

Take it from me, freshmen. If you think your load is heavy, wait 'til next year.

And that's not a threat. More like a piece of advice. *wink*

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr