Thursday, October 7

Second Chances

Second Chances




Not everyone gets a second chance at something that they fail to do. Sometimes, life just won't allow you to redeem yourself, even if you drop to your knees, walk that way for a hundred miles and bawl your eyes out. But in rather rare occasions, a person is fortunate to be granted or presented with another opportunity to undo a wrong, or at least, restore what once was.

I've learned lessons through perplexing acts of fate what it feels like to be granted a second chance, even when I know deserve it the least. It feels as though fresh, cold water has been handed to you while you're traveling in a desert at the point that your tongue feels as rough and as dry as the burning sand. It made me want to smile and hug everyone.

Refreshing, awakening, rejuvenating.

I figured, the least I can do is repair as much of the damage as I possibly can. I will probably leave a mark, a scar of my wrongdoing, but I thought, I could go to the drug store, buy Sebo de Macho and maybe lighten it a bit.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr