Monday, October 18

Unappreciated

Unappreciated



Hummin': Last Thing On My Mind by Ronan Keating/Leann Rhimes


I've done everything you asked me to do today. I've been fixing and rearranging stuff just to make you happy. But what was the first thing you notice? Did you notice that I've been following orders since morning? Did you notice that I've accomplished a lot today? Did you notice that I've been working hard today despite the fact that I should be enjoying my first day of academic freedom?

NO.

All you said when you saw me sitting down for a while was, "Hindi ka na nagbago..."

I was hurt. I wanted to scream back, "Sinusubukan na nga eh. Pero nakikita mo ba? " I was pissed off. I really feel as though nothing I do will ever suffice. I've NEVER been good enough. Sounds cliche-ish, but in my case, it's true.

I once poured out my sadness to you, crying about the world's injustice and how I felt so deprived. I took a risk. I opened my heart, wanting to find someone who would understand and feel my pain. I thought you would.

Did you say things will get better? Did you hug me to share my burden? Did you even attempt to comfort me with "it's not your fault?"

No. You made me feel that I deserve all the bad things that come my way. You made me feel like I'm the lowest living creature in the world. I could see my confidence melting into a puddle right under my feet. You make me want to puke at myself.

And yet, you ask why I used to hate you so much?

Maybe you shouldn't ask. Maybe you should look in the mirror and see how hard it is to love you.

0 comments:

 
Header image by Flóra @ Flickr